Getting started with TeleTails is easy, and it’s even easier to use!
Here’s how to begin:
- Download the TeleTails app on your smartphone from the Apple or Google Play store.
- Create an account
- Enable notifications (you don’t want to miss your vet trying to connect with you!)
- Link to our practice. Go to Add New Provider, enter the code VILVET and click the search button.
- You can then select a specific The Village Vets location
- When you have a question or concern about your pet’s health, start a consultation!
Your consultation will be a request, and our team will be in contact with you to set up a time that works best for you and your veterinarian. For the video call, keep your pet close by in case we need to have a closer look at them to assess their condition.
When Should I Use Veterinary Telemedicine?
Video vet visits are very convenient, but they do have some limitations because we can’t perform a physical exam, or take blood work. However, there are quite a few instances where telemedicine can save you a trip to the vet, including:
- Your pet has a chronic condition such as arthritis or allergies or you need a re-check appointment to assess their condition
- Any sudden, acute conditions your pet develops that are not critical such as diarrhea or ear infections
- Your pet develops minor symptoms such as sneezing or coughing
- You notice a change in behavior such as lethargy or scratching themselves more often
Video vet visits allow us to assess your pet’s demeanor, attitude, gait, and skin easily over video, making them far superior to a regular phone call. After a video consultation, we can confidently prescribe medications and give you advice for their recovery.
What if My Pet Needs to Visit the Hospital?
Sometimes, a pet may present a symptom that we need to assess in person in order to get a proper diagnosis. In these cases, we’ll instruct you to make an appointment to visit our hospital, so they can receive the highest quality of care possible. If we do recommend your pet be seen at the hospital for a hands-on exam, possible treatment, and/or diagnostics, our in-hospital exam fee will be discounted by over 50%!
Have any other questions or concerns about our veterinary telemedicine services? Please call us today at (404) 844-4824.