experience the difference
CUTTING-EDGE DENTAL CARE
Our Cat & Dog Teeth Cleaning Procedures
Teeth cleaning procedures are intensive and require us to clean teeth below the gum line, which can be aggravating to your pet. For their comfort and safety, we use general anesthesia for our dental procedures. Our trained team of technicians administers the appropriate anesthesia, and also monitors your pet closely from start to finish to ensure their safety throughout the procedure.
During the procedure, our team performs the following:
- A thorough examination of your pet’s entire mouth
- Digital dental X-rays to assess teeth below the gum line
- Ultrasonic scaling to remove tartar from both above and below the gum line
- Polishing to prevent future buildup of plaque
- Fluoride treatments to strengthen teeth
- Surgical extractions of damaged or broken teeth, if needed (pain medication will also be provided)
What People are Saying
I recommend The Village Vets for their consistently good quality care. I also appreciate the many public service announcements to educate the public about good animal care and practices including the cruelty of tethering dogs and including dogs in your household and family.
Preventing Dental Disease at Home
A consistent at-home dental care regimen can do wonders to help prevent the buildup of plaque and tartar. Brushing your pet’s teeth daily is the best way to care for them, but we know it’s not always possible! Our veterinarians can help you find the right product or combination of products to help keep plaque and tartar at bay.
Some dental products we may recommend include:
- Dental chews and treats
- Water additives
- Dental wipes
- Dental toys
- Tartar-control diets
Please contact us today at (404) 844-4824 should you have any questions about pet teeth cleaning. We look forward to speaking to you soon!