Safe, Effective Cat & Dog Surgery in Westside Atlanta, GA
At our animal hospital, you can expect the highest standards of veterinary medicine, especially when it comes to surgery. Most pets will undergo surgery at some point during their lives, and we aim to make their experience as smooth and pain-free as possible. At The Village Vets Westside, our veterinarians and technicians take every precaution necessary to ensure your pet’s safety and comfort throughout surgery and their recovery.
Is your pet recommended for surgery? Schedule their consultation appointment today so we can talk about their options.
Our Safety Protocols
We take your pet’s safety very seriously. All our surgical protocols from pre-anesthetic blood work all the way through to your pet’s recovery are designed to maximize safety and minimize risk. You can rest assured that at The Village Vets, your pet is receiving the very best that veterinary medicine has to offer.
Our safety protocols include:
- Pre-anesthetic blood work and exam
- IV catheter to provide warmed fluids that hydrate your pet and regulate their body temperature
- Comprehensive monitoring equipment that measures blood pressure, body temperature, respiratory rate, pulse oximetry, heart rate and rhythm, and more
- Dedicated technician to be with your pet and monitor them from start to finish
- Pain medication before, during, and after surgery so they wake up with minimal discomfort
- At-home pain medication throughout their recovery
Dog & Cat Soft Tissue Surgery Procedures We Perform
Common soft tissue surgeries we perform include:
- Spays and neuters
- Mass removal
- Skin tag removal
- Exploratory surgery
- Cystotomy (bladder surgery)
- Splenectomy (spleen removal)
- Basic eye surgeries (i.e. cherry eye, enucleation, etc.)
- And more
What People are Saying
My doggie is there now and I feel very good about the care that he is receiving. From the moment I brought him there I felt comfortable. I would highly recommend this place!!