Know the Signs of a Pet Emergency
Recognizing the signs of a potential emergency situation are just as important as knowing where to go for care. If you notice any of these signs, please don’t hesitate to contact us or our 24/7 Decatur location.
- Difficulty breathing
- Disorientation or trouble walking straight
- Suspected broken bones
- Signs of extreme pain (whining, vocalizing, wincing when touched, etc.)
- Excessive vomiting or diarrhea
- Blood in vomit, stool, or urine
- Struggle to urinate (particularly male cats)
- Ingestion of a toxin
- Distended abdomen that is hard to the touch
- Pressing head against the wall or other surface
Pet Poison Helpline
If you’re unsure whether or not what your pet ate is toxic or not, you can contact the Pet Poison Helpline at (855) 764-7661 for advice, or check out their website. If you notice your pet behaving strangely, it’s best to check with an expert. Call the Pet Poison Helpline, or contact us at (404) 844-4824.